All rentals must take place in person by a Grosse Pointe Farms Resident at the
Parks & Recreation Office at the Pier Park. Facility rentals must be done during normal business hours Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. Facility Rentals must be approved by a Full Time Staff Member.
Pier Park has many areas that can be rented by Grosse Pointe Farms residents. In order to start the process, the Farms resident must come to the Parks and Recreation Office, in person, and complete the required Permit or Application, depending on what is to be rented. All paperwork must be fully completed and all fees must be paid at the time of applying in order to reserve the area. Picnic Permits will begin to be accepted the first business day in January for the coming season. Building Rentals may be booked 11 months in advance, for weekends only (Fridays after 4:00 p.m.-Sundays). Weekday building rentals may be booked 6 months in advance.
- A Picnic Permit is required in order to reserve any outside area
- Reservations are first come, first serve and you must reserve the facility in person at the Parks and Recreation's office - Monday through Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- A General Picnic Permit can have no more than 60 people.
- Full or Half Picnic Shelter - the Full Shelter (30 - 60 people) or Half (10 - 29 people) may be reserved for a fee by acquiring a Picnic Permit in person.
- The Great Room in the Community Building may be rented for a fee.
- The Activities Room in the Community Building may be rented for a fee.